Pure Stock 4-Cylinder
NORTHERN MICHIGAN SPEEDWAY
NOTE: RACECEIVERS MANDATORY! All drivers will be required to operate a raceceiver during all hotlap sessions, qualifying and race events. These devices will be used for on-track safety notice, disciplinary action and line-up procedures.
Raceceiver is to be tuned to 454.0000.
Any driver who does not have a Raceceiver on, or operational, will be instructed to leave the track. NO EXCEPTIONS!
Radios and mirrors ARE NOT permitted.
There will be NO WARNINGS given out for bad behavior such as; No throwing a fit on the racetrack or pit area NO jumping on the track officials, NMSW officials, scorers, flagman or track owner. No going to another pit to argue this includes driver, crew and anyone. You WILL NOT exit your car on the track.
1) This is not a “bump & run” class, demolition derby or “enduro”. This is a beginner class and it will be run as all other classes are run at this race track.
2) Parents or guardians of those under 18 must sign a waiver/release for the minor and bring their birth certificate. The track owner has the final say in determining if he feels the participant is ready to try racing.
3) Cars/trucks must be 1966 or newer, front or rear wheel drive, 4 cylinders, non turbo charged, passenger cars, station wagons, or compact trucks. 4-wheel drive trucks are allowed if one drive shaft is disconnected (front or rear). Maximum wheel base is 108”, except for station wagons. Mini-vans are allowed. All cars must pass inspection.
4) ALL glass must be removed (interior & exterior). Windshields are mandatory (safety glass). No rear view mirrors. All exterior trim must be removed. All flammable material, excluding dashboard, must be removed. Racing seat is mandatory. Aftermarket 5-point seat belt required - must be secured to the roll cage. Doors must be welded shut. Hood and trunk must be secured with hood pins for easy access. OEM latches must be removed/disabled. All holes in floor pan and firewall must be covered. Fenders may be trimmed (not excessively) to remove rust. Front fenders may be cut out. Stock appearing bumpers required, and may be welded in place. Bumper ends must be capped to prevent hooking of bumpers. Spoilers/non-functinald hood scoops are allowed.
-- Passenger seat allowed - must follow same rules as for drivers seat - must be racing seat, 5-point seat belt, window net, door plate and roll cage. Extra steering wheel or bar recommended for passenger to hang on to.
5) Tires: Stock tires and wheels only - 60 series D.O.T. maximum; no slichs allowed; maximum 7” wide rims. Off-set rims allowed. 16” tires may run - max. 7 ½” rims. Or American Racer 23.7, 13” or 14” treaded tire. No Falcon tires.
6) Mufflers: Mandatory. Catalytic converter may be removed. Maximum 100Db at 100 feet. Any good muffler is allowed, but if muffler falls off, car will be black-flagged. Exhaust pipe 2” O.D. maximum.
7) Steering & Suspension: Stock only - no modifications; camber adjustments allowed on front wheels.
8) Cooling system: Any stock radiator allowed - must fit in stock brackets. 180-degree fan shroud required. An overflow container mounted in engine compartment is required. No anti-freeze, only water, in radiator.
9) Fuel Cell: All cars must use a cell type fuel tank mounted to the trunk floor with a minimum of two 1”x1/16” straps in ech direction, bolted through the floor using doubler plates or installed in a safely constructed manner between the frame rails. Tanks must be sealed off from drivers compartment by metal plate. No bottom draw tanks allowed. Maximum size of tank is 8 gallons. Cars equipped with electric fuel pumps must install a toggle type switch, clearly marked in a bright contrasting color, at the base of the drivers “A” pillar. Oil pressure switch for fuel pump mandatory - shut-off or mercury switch.
10) Roll bars/cage: Minimum 4-point roll cage is mandatory (full cage is recommended), constructed of at least 1.5” O.D., .095” side wall roll bar steel tubing. No exhaust pipe tubing or water pipe. It is mandatory that the roll cage be welded or bolted to 1/8” thick, 6”x6” steel plate and bolted to floor pan using doubler plate under floor pan. Drivers door must have at least 3 roll-bar-type bars welded to roll cage and covered with a minimum 18”x24”x1/8” thick steel plate. Mandatory foot plates must be 10”x30”x1/8” thick steel. No offset cages. All roll cages must pass inspection.
11) Numbers; Must be at least 18” high, in a contrasting color to car; must have numbers on driver and passenger door. Time keepers must be able to read numbers.
12) Window nets: Window nets, with quick release mechanism, required on drivers window.
13) Clothing: Fire retardant racing suit (1-piece or 2-piece) is mandatory. Helmet support (neck brace) is mandatory. Fire retardant gloves and shoes are strongly recommended.
14) Helmet: Mandatory - 85 snell or better.
15) Fire Extinguishers: Mandatory - a charged 2-pound minimum ABC or BC rated steel fire extinguisher with gauge must be mounted in a quick release bracket within reach of the driver.
16) Engines: 350 or 500 cfm holley carburetors allowed.
Fuel injection - must be for year and make of vehicle
Throttle body/multi-port fuel injection carburetor - must be for year and make of vehicle
Adaptor plate allowed
No aluminum heads on Mustangs and Ford Rangers.
Maxiumum Cut on heads is 125 thousands
17) Weight; All cars - 2300 lbs. Track officials may add 100 lbs or reduce air intake to slow car up to equal out class.
18) Air intake restrictors and adaptors may be used in cars to reduce
19) 18 second rule and pure stock 4 cylinder if you're faster than 18 seconds you will placed in the faster class.
To be eligiable to run midseason and Championship night you must race any two week prior.